Thursday, March 12, 2009

Our Children's Reality Today

Statistically; drug use, teen pregnancy, and violence are at an all time high. Simultaneously, never before in history have both women and men worked more hours. Cause and effect? I promise you this, no one can parent my son like I can. Period. Baring given extreme scenarios, I don't believe this to be unusual. Hey moms. Dads. Let's go back to the basics. I don't care which parent is home when the kids get out of school, just as long as someone is present. One plus one is two and two is our next generation of decision makers. Our children need us to repriortize our day to day life structure. Let's get rigorous with our realities. I encourage all parents to create a sustainable life structure which allows greater presence in the lives of our children, and by doing so helping our kids keep their heads above water in today's sea of temptation and deceit. All kids will ever remember or care about is whether we were there or whether we weren't. What are some of the best memories you have with your family?

No comments: